~ Eric likes his co-workers. One even recommended a church for us to visit.
~ Brooks' cold is getting better. So, we're all healthy.
~ Eric made me supper tonight while I put Brooks to bed. Sweet husband.
~ We sold our Chicago condo, so we're no longer paying a mortgage.
~ The weather in London has been lovely. We've picked the perfect time of year to move here.
~ They can't kick us out of the corporate apartment that we're currently in. We can stay here as long as necessary, assuming of course that we're willing to pay for it.
~ We have internet access which has proved to be a lifeline to the outside world when Eric's working. Plus I have a cell phone, so making appointments to see rental property isn't that hard.
~ Strolling with an adorable baby is a great way to meet people in the city. Everyone wants to play with/talk to/ask me about Brooks. When I'm lonely, I just have to load Brooks up in his stroller, step out outside and Voila! He's the perfect entree to dozens of conversations. At the very least, he elicits big smiles from complete strangers. What a joy.
~ We don't have anything we *have* to do this weekend. Yes, we need to find an apartment, but our hands are tied until Monday, so we have an entire weekend in London to ourselves.
~ God knows our needs before we even tell Him. The sparrows and the lilies are our reminders. God, please provide for us as You always do. Show us how big You are, Lord...
My Top 10 list is a good exercise for me, as it offers some perspective when I'm frustrated. I do hope all is well with you and yours, too.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love this post; a timely reminder for perspective in our lives. glad that you are able to see the good during this season of life.
I'm glad to read about the good things, to know that there is some delight. AND to know that Brooks is adorable enough to melt those cold British hearts -- not that anything less would be expected! I wish I could cuddle him right now.
Hope y'all have had a great weekend together, and the stress of needing to find a place hasn't worried away at you in the back of your mind.
When are you going to go hear the music at St. Paul's?
I loved getting your long email, so rich in detail. My offer still stands, you know....
I hope you were able to relax and enjoy your w/e despite the home-hunting frustrations. I'll be praying for a flat that exceeds your expectations! Pray for us tomorrow also, as we return to clinic for repeat x-rays of P's arm, and the likely removal of his cast!
S has been putting away the sweet potatoes-- too bad Brooks isn't around to help her polish them off! Have you found any good grub for him in the grocery yet?
Post a Comment