Monday, September 3, 2007

home, sweet temporary home...

Aug 16 Nashville, TN
Aug 17 Chicago, IL ("Chez Youngren")
Aug 18 Chicago, IL (Thanks Tim and Mel)
Aug 19 American Airlines (second to last row of coach)
Aug 20 Luton, UK
Aug 21 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Aug 22 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Aug 23 Bovec, Slovenia
Aug 24 Plitvice, Croatia
Aug 25 Podoca, Croatia
Aug 26 Split, Croatia
Aug 27 Split, Croatia
Aug 28 Canary Wharf London (temp housing #1)
Aug 29 Canary Wharf
Aug 30 Paris, France
Aug 31 Paris, France
Sept 1 Chelsea London (temp housing #2)
Sept 2 Chelsea

Last night, as Eric and I tried to count up how many places we've called "home" in the last few weeks, we lost count. I had to sit down with a map this morning to figure it out. A dozen in 2.5 weeks. Wow. We haven't slept in the same place for more than 2 nights in a row since visiting my family in Nashville mid-August. No wonder we're a bit weary of our suitcases. And Brooks is understandably impatient with us, as his pack n play has a different ceiling over it every couple of days. A bit unsettling when you're only 9 months old...

All this to say, I'm so pleased that we've actually taken everything out of our suitcases and put them all in a closet/bathroom (I'll explain that later) and have made every effort to settle into our little temporary apartment in London, at least for as long as we're here. This morning I found it was a nice change to not have to load up the stroller, pack n play, car seat, clothes, diapers, baby food, toys and oh yeah, stuff for us! and schlep off to the rental car or train station or airport. No, we could stay right where we are! At least for a few weeks anyway... Happy day!

I hear the little guy stirring... More details (and pictures!) from the adventures of our wandering little family shortly.

1 comment:

Paige said...

What an adventure! Just getting to today...and I can't wait to keep up on all your new experiences in the coming days and weeks. You and your boys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers! Love, Paige