Friends, I think I've found it... again! I can't begin to describe all the incredible ups and downs from the last 36 hours of flat-hunting. It's almost good enough for a stand-up routine. Surely, candid camera or "Gotcha!" is going to pop out from around the corner and tell me this has all been a joke - just trying to see how well we'll adapt to our new country!
But the good news is that the place I saw this afternoon has almost everything we put on our wish list. Eric is on his way from work to meet me and Brooks and the listing agent for a second showing. I'm hoping we'll put an offer in tonight. Basically, we just need to get the landlord to come down on the price just smidge. Will you also pray that ...
A) Eric likes it.
B) The landlord likes us.
C) We secure it with a contract ASAP.
I realized today that I've been house-hunting pretty close to full time for more than a week. With a baby. With no car, only walking and using public transportation. (can you picture me hauling Brooks up and down the steps to the Tube lines each time I need to board a train? There are no elevators on the lines I'm taking...) In arguably Europe's most expensive city. By myself. Wow, can I just tell ya'll how proud I am of myself!?!
But seriously, no wonder I'm tired... Lord, please help us wrap this one up!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, I hope this is it! That would be so wonderful - and an answer to our prayers. BLW
wow. i can't imagine how challenging this has all been for you. but, you must indeed feel empowered that you have done so much, alone (more or less), in a new city, with a 9.5 year old, taking public transportation, and still managing to stay sane. praying that this will be the place!
Post a Comment