We landed at Gatwick from Rome last night around 10:30pm and after immigration, customs and a long ride home, we were in bed around 1:00am this morning. It's really good to be home. It's really amazingly good to see Eric. Really, really good. I missed him.
I'm looking forward to unpacking and doing one tiny load of laundry after another until all my clothes are clean and folded and put away in drawers and wardrobes - which now seem enormous by comparison to the suitcases we've been living out of for the last three weeks!
I'm also looking forward to enjoying London with my family, this time sans stomach flu. Ie, now we can explore our new home and catch a few sights with a British accent, rather than an Italian one. That is if we can all get out of bed. We're pretty tired. Maybe we'll just sit and look at each other, and relive the Italian Familia Adventure of 2007 in story, in photo, and in song. Yeah, that sounds pretty good.
Momma, Daddy, and Sissy return home on Tuesday (Brooks' 1st birthday!) - so sad, but then they probably do have to return to their own lives someday! I plan to sleep for 24 hours straight after they leave and then start telling some stories then. Photos and details to come.
Is it true that Thanksgiving is in five days? Nothing could feel further away from reality to me at this point. Where AM I?! My brain is still in the time-warp of an extended vacation, exacerbated by the fact that it was a foreign holiday... Strange.
Ciao! I mean... cheerio!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you're safely home. I can't wait for the pics and stories from the Brooks Family Italian Adventures. Brooks is almost one!! Amazing, isn't it how time flies? Erin is now scooting all around the floor after objects in close range. She hasn't quite put together what that means in terms of getting anywhere she wants. I'm okay with her ignorance of that fact :0) Say hi to your wonderful family for me! Hope that Thanksgiving is good. I recall it was strange, but we celebrated with some folks longing for home like we were and with some folks who'd never heard of thanksgiving. Love you lots!
So glad to hear you are home...in London! Doesn't that still seem somewhat strange in the same breath--"home" and "London." I'm forever on the search of the meaning and feeling of home. But, I digress. Your trip sounds amazing and I can't wait to see pics and hear stories. I'm sure I'll have to carve out some of Maggie's nap time, grab a cup of coffee, and sit back and read because knowing your previous posts, you will spare no detail, which I love! Looking forward to it very much.
Welcome home!! Hello to the Brookses. Happy holiday and lots of good rest! :)
David and I are headed to AL to see his family on Tuesday. Wow - This fall sure has flown by.
Can't wait to see the pics. :)
Lots of love. kfb
oh - I'm bloggin more these days, which means I'll probably be reading and commenting more too.
It sounds like y'all are having a great time. Brooks is almost 1!?!? Time flies, eh? Emmalee and I are off to Georgia tomorrow for Turkey Day. We'll eat something nice and Southern for y'all.
Post a Comment