Saturday, November 24, 2007

Grandma of the Computer

Today I skype-called my mom, video to video. Her microphone wasn't working properly, so she could see and hear us, but we could only see her. We did our best to sign a few messages to each other, and then I turned the laptop around so that she could watch Brooks playing at the tupperware drawer. When he heard me say his name, he looked up and "OH! HI! I know YOU!!!" flashed all over his face. He immediately dropped the plastic goodies and with lots of giggles and grins, he came flying/crawling over to the coffee table to be closer to Grandma on the screen. He pulled himself up to standing and started bouncing, he was that excited to see her laughing and smiling back at him. They played a game of silent "Where's Brooks?" - our family's version of Peek-a-boo. It just melted my heart to see how thrilled he was to see her. It was written all over his expression, his body language, everything. Of course, it also killed me at the same time. His reaction seemed to prove to me that, yes, he IS missing the family too and that maybe his difficult week has been, at least in part, due to their departure. So sad...

But, I think this just means that we need lots of Trips in 2008!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell everyone the story of the lights at bedtime. That is fabulous.....