Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm hanging on

... to my sanity by a thread, as I'm feeling completely cut off from the world!!! Well okay, that may be a little dramatic, but you have no idea how maddening this has become. BT and Tiscali are together two of the most incompetent companies we've ever run into, and while we have done everything we can possibly on our end, we're now being told that we might not have internet access at home until October 16th.

In the last couple of months, I've gotten completely hooked on both blogging and skype (and have always been addicted to email) as a means to stay connected to friends and family back home. So to be unable to just fire off a note or a posting whenever the mood strikes has been terribly frustrating. I'm hijacking an internet connection when I can, but of course our access to it is completely unreliable (as in I can get on maybe 1 out of 50 times I try) and even when I get on, it's often slower than Christmas.

So, all this to say, I haven't packed up my keyboard entirely, and no, we're not dead. But until Eric and I can work out an arrangement for me to get some internet cafe time while he watches Brooks, I'll continue to be inconsistent on my postings and email responses. I'll definitely post when I'm able. Many thanks for your patience, as well as your emails and calls checking on us.

And feel free to leave me a voicemail on skype or drop me an email. I really appreciate your efforts to reach out, it makes the solitude not feel quite so lonely. When I get do have success and get connected for a few moments, it's such a joy to get your messages and emails.

I'll let you know when I'm "live" again. Until then, know that I'm missing y'all tremendously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SC - It's Shannon here from Nashville - your Nertz champ partner - except for Beaver of course! Hello. We have skype. I didn't see what your login was for skype so here is ours. Coombesfam

Anonymous said...

I did find you on SKYPE! Yippee