Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our sweet home, with us in it!

Since I'm always being asked to post more photos, I thought I'd add a few more!! :)

We have a little guy who loves the water!! Here are some pictures of Brooks enjoying bath-time. His dad's current favorite game is to see how many letters and numbers he can stick all over him before Brooks starts taking them off (Susan, your shower gift has been a big hit!)







And where's Little right now? Shhh, he's sleeping!





Oh we tried this trick and it worked!! Soft toys left at the foot of the crib give him something to play with if he wakes up at 5:00am...



Notice in the picture of the kitchen - A dishtowel is tied around the cabinet handles under the kitchen sink. That’s the extent of our child-proofing in our temporary efforts to keep Brooks out of the cleaning supplies and laundry. (The washing machine/dryer is underneath the microwave.) My family is bringing some magnet child-proof locks (thanks for the tip Kellie!) when they come next week.



Also, from my mom’s brilliant suggestion, I created a Brooks-friendly drawer in the kitchen, so he could go exploring there whenever he wanted. Right now it’s full of Tupperware, but I’m thinking it might be fun to empty that out every once in a while and fill it with something else just for the little guy. I love watching him touch and feel and chew on everything while I’m working on supper.





One more thing… Brooks LOVED the delivery day when the truck arrived with all our stuff. Actually, I’m not sure if he was at all excited about the contents of the boxes, but he really loved the cardboard and wrapping papers. Such fun!!







Where’s Brooks?!



There he is!!



And finally, the item from our shipment that we were most excited to unwrap and start using?! The highchair!



So, there you have it - our little home. Come see us!

8 comments:

Westy said...

Great pics!

LWB said...

He is just the sweetest - those eyes! Elise had a drawer too and played in for months - I was so sad when she got too mobile to care about it. Switching toys in and out will keep it fun for sure.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the tour of the flat and posting the great photos of Brooks. He is so adorable!

debchastain said...

Just read your comment for the Padgetts-he's waving, yeah! The pics of him in those boxes-I love it. I am both eager for and terrified of Erin becoming truly mobile. She's still spinning in circles on her tummy. Thanks for the pics of your house. I know we'll come see you some time, but those make me want it to be sooner rather than later :) Love you!

The McKays said...

i love the new pics! it's so funny to me that eric sticks all the letters on him! lol. i love the moving boxes pics; I'm sure Maggie will be just the same when we move in next weekend. your kitchen is AMAZING. hope you are settling in nicely.

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen; it's so open. Sophie is a water baby, too. Actually she's quite a daredevil in the bath--it was the first place she tried to stand with no hands (eek!). I'm leaving this comment on the 20th, so Happy (11 mo.) B'day to Brooks!

Anonymous said...

Hi SC
I see a lot of you in Brooks. Thanks for the tour. We will be in London summer of 08. Touch base when you can.
Shannon

hayumbone said...

You have got to post a photo of your washer and dryer.