Thursday, October 4, 2007

First Real Word

Ma-Ma!

Brooks was strapped into his stroller, we were ready for our outing to Hyde Park, but I forgot something. I ran back to the bedroom to grab the final item, and all of a sudden Brooks stopped squealing and called out for me.

Ma-Ma!

His first word. My name. Clearly meant to communicate "Hey you! Where are you? Where did you go? Come back!"

My heart melted. Happy day.

Ma-Ma!

4 comments:

LWB said...

Ohhh, what a wonderful moment indeed! And how great that he said you and not "da da." I always found that so unfair given how much time and work we spend with them - they should at least say our name first.

Unknown said...

Yay! I can see you now, kissing on him, crying, just so happy. :) Fun days are ahead my friend. It only gets beter!

Anonymous said...

SO precious, SC!

Liz M said...

Amazing! I'm afraid Lauren's first words will be "mom stop singing"