Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our first guests

Hurray! My family arrived today!! Mom, Dad and Sissy all landed in Heathrow from Nashville via Toronto this morning around 11am. Brooks and I were waiting for them outside of arrivals, bouncing up and down. Really, I was the one *actually* bouncing but as Brooks was strapped to me, he also bounced.

They will be here for almost four weeks - hurray again!! We're heading to Italy on Saturday with Eric and plan to spend several weeks reliving some of our "Sisters Celebrating 30" Italy 2001 trip. Until then we'll enjoy showing them around our neighborhood and seeing some of London's sights.

Oh, and there will probably be lots of playing with the little guy. Brooks is at a very fun stage - he enjoys making friends, he knows that he's cute, and he loves an audience, but I don't think he's entirely ruined by it - yet! Perhaps he will be by his first birthday. He has no idea all the wonderful affection that's about to be lavished on him over the next month.

I'll be checking email here and there, but will be mostly off-line for the next several weeks - being tour guide, travel agent and full-time mom, wife, daughter, sister. But there should be lots of great pictures and stories to match in a late November! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey SC - you do travel a lot. My sister in law lives in Reading, about an hour away from London. You two should totally touch base. She is awesome as you! She has a 1 1/2 yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy. If you e-mail me your contact info, I'll pass it on to her. My niece would be a great play date for Brooks!