When he needs anything, or just wants to get our attention, there is no subtlety with this one - just wide open, LOUD, throat-ripping screaming. It sounds like he's going to strip a gear. Sometimes it seems he'll make these sounds just for fun - a bit of vocal experimentation, I guess. It keeps us on our toes.
Last week, especially, we had some memorable moments of screeching. One day, we were checking out at our local grocery when Jack just opens his mouth and lets a huge one fly. It was one of those abrupt, needle-scratching-a-record moments when everyone in fifteen check-out lanes turned around to stare at us. No, I promise, I'm not abusing him. I just laughed out loud. What else could I do?!
Today I had my camera at the store, and apparently Brooks was remembering our checkout challenges from last week. He did some preemptive corking - the only effective way to mute the sounds...
But you can tell, his physical affection wasn't all abusive.
Brooks really does love his brother, the resident screech owl.
Jack does come by it honestly, I guess. Brooks was nicknamed "the nazgul" by our friend Adam Judd for his similar early, um, "singing"... I wonder if I could get this lovely noise on video...? Would I want to relive this sound at any point!?!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh. Mom and I are crying laughing. I know the screeching is awful, but wow....the hand over the mouth. Yes. You must get it on video.
Crazy about those boys!
Had fun catching up with these last 3 posts. Every day brings hilarious photo ops when you live with little people. Yours are precious!
If only motherhood were like Girl Scouts....one of your first merit badges would be "Management of Multiple Children in Supermarkets."
Post a Comment