Tonight, Brooks was running a fever, so I took his temp and gave him some tylenol to help him feel a bit better. After reading two stories and saying prayers, I moved towards the door. He stopped me by asking for a "little snuggle" - how can I refuse that request?! - and for me to sing his current favorite bedtime song, the song by Junior Asparagus "My Day".
As I finally said goodnight, I suggested that maybe we'd have a low-key day at home tomorrow just until he felt a bit better. Brooks responded with
"yeah, that'd be good. I don't want to get my friends sick."
Oh my goodness. What a sweet little man. Even when he's puny.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope he's all better. His Ohio fans can't wait to see him!
Thoughtful and sweet! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment