We have really enjoyed our local garden across the street from our flat. This has been the closest thing imaginable to us having a back yard, and what a yard it is! Big trees, rose bushes that remind me of my dad's garden, a huge amount of grass for playing chase, and a tall fence all the way around so Brooks can wander a bit more freely than in the Park. The playground was installed this spring and while the Chastains visited last month, we introduced Brooks and Erin to the joy that is the SLIDE! Here are my shots from that first night of glee (how could I ever choose just two or three?!)




Now it's Erin's turn to get in on the fun! :) She's a few months younger than Brooks and was *almost* walking on her own, so she needed just a few supportive hands from mom and dad. Watch out, Brooks. Gotta take turns!



Brooks wanted to go again, and again, and again, and again....


Oops! Got to figure out how to put on the brakes! (He thought this was very funny!)

There we go, that's better.

Over and over and over, again.

Love the static-y hair!

He needed a hand to get to the top of the slide. Can you hear him saying "Up! Up!" to his dad?!?

SOOOO much fun!!
6 comments:
Wheeeee I know where I will be spending some major time this August. Is there anything so fun as watching a little one squeal with glee as he goes down the slide? Love these pictures! gbread
I love that last picture in particular. He is having a great time. If I had a printer at hand I would print it off and put it on my fridge. :) Makes me smile just thinking of all that fun.
Those are great pictures! When y'all get back in the States we need to go sliding.
What a blast! How wonderful to have this play area so close!
How much fun! Wow. Have you hooked up the hose and slicked it down with soap bubbles to make him go faster? That would be a blast. I'm sure it's safe.
Love you,
RVB
Great pictures! Have you tried out slide.com (or similar)? I think it's really handy for those posts where you have narrowed down your picture selection to around 20 or so :)
Post a Comment