On the train on our way...
A glimpse of the Queen (wearing light blue), alighting from her barouche... (double click on the image to zoom in on Her Majesty and to see all the onlookers in their various formal attire, ooh la la!)
We watched Race 5 leaning over the rails. The thundering of the horses down the track really was thrilling!!
As you can see the photos, we had a perfect blue sky day, and though we didn't win a whole lot (read, "we lost everything we wagered") we had a FANTASTIC time... more photos and details to come!
8 comments:
WOW! What a hat! That is so fabulous. Did you yell "Move ya bloomin' ass" as a reinactment and to be a dumb American?
Can't wait to see more....
love you!
RVB
Oh my word! Where did you find those hats! I don't know if I should be jealous or what! love you and miss you! jennk
Quite the hat! Where in the world did you find a hat like that? I know nothing about Ascot but I assume I would be way underdressed in shorts? Is this what Steeplechase aspires to be?
tammyc
Amazing! Love the hats. The photos are so colorful and wonderful - and I saw the queen. CAn't wait to hear more about it.
This outfit is a shade above the "feather boa" era, but the look of delight on your face is very similar to what I remember.
Fabulous! The crowd (with Queen and her entourage)make the Steeplechase and Kentucky Derby look like wantabees. Thanks for sharing the pictures. gbread
I was actually thinking about you because I was watching My Fair Lady the other day. Was it a "thrilling, positively chilling running of the Ascot's" Royal Ladies Day?
I have a similar hat that used to belong to Jace's grandmother. I would love an occasion to wear it.
Hey I know it has been awhile but could you post some more hat photos? Did you have a Pimm's Cup? I like that drink.
Post a Comment