It's 8:30pm on Sunday night and Eric and I've decided that we're finishing a very weird weekend. Among other things in the last two days, we
~ Ate Persian food (okay, that's not so weird for us. We love Alounak! Come visit, we'll take you there.)
~ Interrupted two thieves cutting Eric's bike locks just below our window (they weren't successful, as he literally jumped out the window and chased them down the block in his socks. But still! The drama!)
~ Visited a modern art museum for our date night at 9pm (we're really not modern art fans... or night owls.)
~ Got a call from our babysitter because Brooks was completely melting down (ie, 20 minutes of hysterical crying. This never happens.)
~ Ate Moroccan food (tip, don't taste the pepper sauce without lots of water at your table!)
~ Went back to church after an unsettling experience with an usher last week (more on that later)
~ Took the bus to church because it was SNOWING! (our second snowy Sunday in three weeks. Chicago and OH friends, please take back your weather!!)
~ Again, didn't get to sit through church together, as Brooks had a melt-down in the creche, and wouldn't be soothed by any of the very sweet nursery workers... (I spent the second half of the service with him, trying to help him enjoy the toys and other kiddos.)
Other stuff happened too, including Eric having to work both Saturday and Sunday and Brooks not taking a proper nap all day today. I think I'm just going to give up and go to bed early. At least that way, I'll start the week of well-rested...
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my - anxious to hear the details! gbread
Goodness. Snow abd robbers and a sad little. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Oh I am so sorry. That IS A STRANGE WEEKEND!
Drink Tea.
Aunt Sissy
Oh, I hope this week goes better than the weekend! I'm sorry it was so eventful - in an un-fun way.
xoxo
oh how this brings me back to the many times nursery workers could not console Avery. It was so hard to make any plans. Thankfully this is not the norm for you, but it does make for a rough weekend. Hopefully you are feeling back to 'normal' today. xoxo
hope the start of your week has returned life to a bit of normalcy. it warms my heart to see brooks say "touchdown auburn"!! We'll be in touch soon about our upcoming visit. YEAH!!! love you!
Post a Comment