Hurray! We're back in the States... the native land! :) We'll be in the US until May 5th and are looking forward to time with family and friends, just soaking up all things familiar that we miss so much back in London.
Brooks and I arrived in Nashville on Monday night, exhausted but still smiling. We left home at 7:45am Monday, GMT and arrived at Mom and Dad's around 4:45pm Monday, CST. That's fifteen hours of straight travel time, on planes, trains, and automobiles. During all of that, Brooks slept a grand total of 45 minutes. Seriously, he napped less than an hour during the first flight, just as the plane was taking off.
While it certainly wasn't the most restful trip, and I found myself checking the trip clock and flight map just about every 15 minutes, I am so glad that it was relatively uneventful. I'd been more anxious about this flight than normal, in part because Eric would not be with us, and Brooks is now definitely more mobile and more opinionated than the last time we flew over the ocean.
I'm so glad that we're becoming more experienced in trans-atlantic travel with a small child. It CAN be survived, and it makes home seem so much closer when we're back in the UK.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a trooper and amazingly brave to do this by yourself. I put you in the category of a friend I know here who took two flights to and from australia by herself with two kids. you do what you have to do to see those you love, right? I mean, what else is the option? So I'm glad you are stepping out and being brave and I hope that these types of solo flights will be kind to you and increase your confidence in your ability to "breeze" right through them. I'm not even sure I could it myself, unless forced! :)
xoxo
Post a Comment