Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Van Gogh


When we were in Amsterdam this weekend, we visited the Van Gogh museum and saw a beautiful painting that Van Gogh dedicated to his brother Theo's newborn son. It's entitled "Blossoming Almond Tree" and I just loved it. Sadly, he painted it less than six months before he committed suicide.

The next day we spent several hours at the world's largest and most beautiful spring bulb garden, and I snapped this previous photo of another blossoming tree that reminded me of Vincent's. I can certainly understand why he was inspired by spring and flowers in the sunshine. The beauty of both the painting and the tree we saw made my heart sing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE picture! NICE photo! What a sight! : ) Thanks for sharing. RVB

LWB said...

Van Gogh is one of my faves! I haven't seen this pic before - really love it. You are taking so many fun trips; I'm trying hard to not be jealous!

xoxo

Bonnie said...

Wow, amazing painting and beautiful comparison of the painting with the inspiration.