Thursday, March 13, 2008

Music time for Brooks

I've been sitting at my computer blogging this afternoon, and Brooks has been pretty content to play by himself... crawling over every few minutes to say "Hel-lo!"

Just now, I heard him playing away on his mini-piano and then he started singing "Doh, Doh" - on pitch. He just sang "Doh" and it was a C, completely in tune! It took him a moment of vocal searching to help his voice match the keyboard, but when he got it, he knew it! Wow!

It's so fun to realize that he's moving from just pounding on the keys and dancing away for the "gross motor" enjoyment to actually absorbing the songs and sounds - really learning about music.

Oh my goodness, he just sang "La" in tune - a nice clear A! This is awesome!!

Where is the video camera when I need it?! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have fallen out to hear that! Wow.

Way to go Angel Baby! :)

Aunt sissy

Anonymous said...

Those songs in his heart and head are now oozing out - on key no less. Why am I not surprized? Hugs for our little "showman".
Gbread

The McKays said...

that is amazing! you may have a little prodigy on your hands. hehe
at least, you both can sing together in harmony some day, something I am sad to say will not be the case for M and me; she'll have to do that with dad.

thanks for all the sweet blogging comments and all the travel tips. you are awesome!! :) and I'll come take pics anytime. when are you free?!