Thursday, March 27, 2008

Brooks' current vocabulary

Words that he's saying clearly (ie, a stranger on the Tube would understand)
Mama
Dada
Bye-Bye
Hello
Hi
Up
Down
Thank You
Yum-Yum
Hot
Bib
Hat
Nose
Eyes and
NO!

Words that he's working hard to say...
"'oose" for Juice
"Daak" for sock
"Doze" for shoes
"Nana" for both Banana and Nana (Eric's mom)
"Bess ooo" for Bless You (the first time he said this I was so sick, and it was about the cutest thing in the world!)
"'men" for Amen (at the supper table, again so cute!)
"'uch-dowwn aw-earn" for Touchdown Auburn!!
"woh, woh, woh" for Roll 'em, Roll 'em, Roll 'em (part of Brooks family Patty-Cake)
"bown beah, bown beah" for "Brown bear, brown bear"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With this vocabulary and his winning personality he can take on the world. Oh, wait, he has already done that :-)
Thanks for sharing. It makes me smile as I see and hear him say these words in my memory. gbread

Anonymous said...

And WHO taught him Touchdown Auburn?

RVB

Anonymous said...

I hear that he can say MORE words....ankle and echo? What?

RVB

Sunshine Eyes said...

actually it was gentle and echo. And "echo" will be getting it's own blog post... :)

Anonymous said...

Gentle? Nice. I couldn't figure out how he would have heard ankle a lot to repeat it....gentle I get.

rvb