This weekend Eric, Brooks and I are heading up to Malshanger. It's outside of Basingstoke, a little village just an hour's train ride from London. Malshanger is a country house owned by our church for the use of its "Pastorates" - that's their word for community groups. We have really enjoyed getting to know the folks in our Pastorate - included in it are people from all over the world... Malaysia, New Zealand, Wales, Australia, the US, Scotland, Korea, France, Hong Kong, yes, even England! They all call HTB home in London and are looking to get connected, as are we. We're really thrilled about the chance to just spend good quality hang-out time with folks and deepen some of our new friendships. We're also excited about introducing Brooks to some of our new church friends. He stays home with a sitter on Tuesday nights while we go to Pastorate, so I'm particularly looking forward to showing him off! :)
Eric actually has to leave early from the weekend away as he'll be jetting off to Germany and Austria for a special event with work. He was a part of a team that put together a great project for a very happy client - as a thank you, the firm is giving the entire team an extremely nice bonus. They are sponsoring an overnight stay at an "ice hotel" along with a day of skiing in the Alps. Wa-hoo! Eric will love this as he's been aching to hit the slopes again after our New Years' blizzard in Tahoe in 2003. I'm only a little bit jealous. No, really. Hopefully he'll love it and want to take us back with him!!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow an ice hotel. I've only seen those on the Fine Living channel. I wonder if you can order for your room to be prepared with an ice crib ;) Do they even let kids stay there?
Kids under 5 stay for free, but I think they assume that babies will be co-sleeping. :) One of the room descriptions I read listed "ice armchairs draped in elk fur". Brrr, cold bottom! I can't really imagine how cold it would actually be to sleep in there. Hopefully, it will be fun and not miserable. I really would love to do it with him, provided we had the appropriate gear!
Post a Comment