Today I had lunch a couple of blocks from here at the home of a gal I met last week at Tots n Toddlers - my church's weekly play group for moms. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit how we met. I overheard my new friend talking to another one of the American moms there and saying that she'd just moved to Bayswater. I came bounding over "BAYSWATER!? That's right by _my_ neighborhood!" I probably sounded like a loon, but I was so excited to meet a neighbor. As great as our church is, we have to really commit to get there, as it requires a tube ride with a baby in a stroller each time we make the trek.
Anyway, we realized that we lived just a few blocks from one another and exchanged email addresses. Today at lunch I learned that in addition to both being rather new mothers, and recent arrivals in the UK (they just moved from NYC because of her husband's job), they were actively involved in Campus Crusade for Christ back in college - a great point of connection as that was Eric's ministry at Rice. They are looking to join a pastorate to get more involved at church, and I've invited them to come along with us to ours this next week.
Weren't we praying for a momma friend for me to have stroller dates with?! And weren't we praying for just one "couple friend" to do life with here in the city?! Could this be God's provision, all in one package, right around the corner from us!? Yesterday, I literally walked by her front door six times. How great to discover a new friend is also a neighbor, within this city of neighborhoods.
I'm ending the week hopeful...
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yay! What a great blessing! This is only the beginning, friend. God's in the business of blessing our socks off when the time is right! A new friend, a new grocery, what's next?
This is great. In the land of Christians that is my city, I still have found it hard to meet that Christian "soul sister." That is so hard since I left quite a few behind in Chicago. Still workin on it...
Well how about that! Just a week of concentrated prayer and voile! A friend! A couple friend with baby! Hooray! Praise God!
Well...maybe more than just one week....
Hey, I tagged you for a fun meme. Come play!
Hooray! Those little connections just make the world of difference. I hope this is the start of the first of many new friendships there for you. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to be your friend; you are fun!
Hey! We want to hear how this went!
Love you, hon.
Post a Comment