He wore his Peanut T-shirt from Shel all day... adorable! :)
He's completely cracking up here. I'm not sure why he's laughing... Maybe just happy because it's his birthday. I love his rosy round cheeks.
But he *really* didn't like his birthday hat. When I tried it on him again with Daddy later that evening, he immediately burst into tears.
But, even on their birthday, little guys still need their naps!
Rather than baking a cake in our fan-powered oven (I have *almost* got chocolate chip cookies figured out, but I wasn't ready to risk baking his b'day cake!), we found a cute little Kensington bakery that mainly does cupcakes. Yum Yum!
After his nap, Brooks had fun "unwrapping" his birthday present from my mom and dad.
Can you see his "nap-hair" sticking up in the front?
Unfortunately, dinner that night did *not* go as planned. We took a very long walk in the rain to a new highly recommended restaurant, only to find it and discover that it was closed. Bummer. We ended up in a pub on Portabello Road that looked promising, but after waiting for our appetizer for 35 minutes, well... in the end, we gave up and went home without supper. But hey, at least we got some cute pictures of Brooks and his Dada while we waited for the food that never arrived!!
Wow, this post is getting LONG. Cupcake pictures will be next...
4 comments:
I love seeing these pics of your life. He is getting so big. :)
Great first birthday photos!
I love the cupcake bib!
Thanks! That was a new baby gift from a good friend from home. What a thoughtful present!
Post a Comment