Sunday, July 1, 2007

His perfect timing

Great news! We think we have sold our condo. We're really pleased that we have an offer on it just 2 weeks after we listed it in the MLS, especially at this season in the real estate market. Lots of back and forth negotiating with the buyer, but now that it's sorted, we're both happy.

Also, Eric finally got his offer for the UK position from his employer. There are several elements of the offer that still need to be discussed, but it's great to (finally!) have it in writing.

And what's really amazing?! They've requested a start date for Eric of September 3. That date is 10 years to the day of when I arrived in London the first time. I haven't been back since I left in the summer of '98. I had been praying that we could enjoy the summer in Chicago and take off in early fall... and now that's exactly our plan. How perfect is this?! :)

Thank you, Lord, for orchestrating even the logistical details in such a way that I can KNOW that You're paying attention, and that You care about our lives. Please give me everyday the faith I have in You tonight.

3 comments:

LWB said...

Wow, that's really wonderful! Congrats on all the exciting things ahead and how they are falling into place so well. I'm sure having some of these "key" things in place is a great relief. And reading your post was a good reminder of how I *can* trust God and His timing, even when I think I can't..

xoxo

hayumbone said...

I know this is a relief for you, dearest, so congrats! For those of us who will miss you -- well, it's just a bit more bittersweet.

I *am* glad she went with your closing date. I was worried about that for you!

The McKays said...

Ok, so it's not in Serbian (I linked through Shel's blog). Not sure what that was all about. Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys; God is so good in His timing. Now, if we can just get those 19 points of inspection to disappear...