Friday, June 22, 2007

Cuter every day...

I just uploaded 100s of pictures of our little guy from the camera. Here are some favorites.

This is mid-May... This is one of my favorite of his little expressions. My translation - That was so fun! I'm so happy! What's next, Mom?!



This is the Friday before Mother's Day... Brooks and SWS were helping me in the kitchen, and I think Brooks was a little surprised that we let him make as much noise as he wanted with the measuring spoon and the small mixing bowl. He had such a serious expression as he was banging them together. "Really, are you sure this is okay?!"



This is late May, just about 6 months old... He's tasting his first bite of homemade baby food (sweet potatoes) and licking up every bit! Later on that evening we had bathtime, played with baby Erin and then gave Mama lots of kisses (and chewed on her chin a bit too!)







He's pretty well out-grown the "I can nap anywhere" stage, but this day he just passed out in the car. He was six months old to the day here and so tuckered out! (My family swears that he looks like a different baby when he's sleeping, but I think it's because his eyes usually take over his face when he's awake!) Note the Auburn burpcloth... He looks so BIG to me in this picture.



"When Daddy feeds me, sometimes I get a little messy..."



Sitting at the big people table... (during our "last supper")



Bath-time, with a strategically placed ducky.



So clean!!



"Thanks for the sweet potatoes, Aunt Sissy"



And these are from about a week and a half ago, when we confirmed that Brooks is now an "independent sitter"... so funny to see his concentration in that second shot. He loves his Daddy.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love the commentary. Brooks is TOO CUTE!
Nanna

hayumbone said...

Love, love, love. I think that getting to see Brooks grow -- and cuddle him -- is going to be one of the things I'll miss most about y'alls' move. I especially loved the pic of him attached to your chin. :)

The McKays said...

you take great shots, SC. i love him in his Bumbo; so big! and eating the sweet potatoes; Mags loves 'em too. and, like hambone, i love the one of him chewing your chin.