Several of you have asked for updates on London. Things are moving along!
Eric got his work permit in the last several days and is now attempting to apply for visas. Over the weekend, Eric did a quick inventory of our two storage units. I met with the relocation consultant yesterday about moving logistics and how we plan to disperse our household goods (London, Chicago storage, Nashville storage, sell on Craigs list, donate, etc). The movers think that we will be able to fit everything we want to ship in PWC's allowed 10 cubic meters of sea freight which was very good news. Our closing attorney will sign for us at our condo closing, as we won't be in town. We need to submit our paperwork to our London realtor so they can begin looking for flats for us. We also need to make travel arrangements - we'll be bopping around quite a bit before Eric starts work on Sept 3, and we need to figure out at least which countries we're visiting before we get there.
We're enjoying our last few weeks in Chicago as much as possible. On Saturday, Eric's boss threw a going away party for us and another co-worker who's moving to Boston. We also said goodbye to our friends G&L this weekend, they're moving to DC on Thursday - an immediate reminder to us that life in Chicago will continue to change while we're away. We're making plans to see our families for a few days in August. And we want to take one more long ride on our tandem before we sell it. That will be a very sad day - letting it go! :*(
As Eric left for work today, he said "We're closing on our house in 20 days." That's right. And we're moving out in 16 days. We fly to London in 27 days. Wow, it really is happening. I can feel the slide show of my life speeding up... the images are whipping by like a flip book but I really do want to savor each moment. As I was trying to describe to MRY yesterday, I so don't want to miss anything. I had the hardest time finding words for my feelings. I want to have the experiences we're preparing for in London, but I also don't want to miss anything here. Can't I just clone myself? It's moments like this when I get overwhelmed a bit by it all. It's almost like there is too much life to lead at one time...
So, all I can think of right now is the chorus of a power ballad from the 90's...
"I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep,
Cause I'd miss you baby, and I don't want to miss a thing."
(Yes, I'm singing aerosmith out loud at my kitchen table... I know. Ridiculous!)
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh SC...you should have been at our Bible Study reunion night. We all when out dancing @ the Mercy Lounge to an 80s cover band. it was crazy!! stacey and sarah dancing together...need i say more:)
We are going to miss ya'll. maybe we can come visit:)
love you!
Aerosmith is very helpful at times like this. In anticipation of your trip away I have found myself listening to 80s stations instead the usual country music selections. Rock On, Girl
I HATE I missed that, Wen! Sounds like a hoot.
We are eager for visitors from home and would love to have you guys come!
Can't believe that you and I flew to London just about 10 years ago... Where has all that time gone!?
Post a Comment