Every day he seems to do something new - what a joy to watch! For example, in the last few days, Brooks has rolled over multiple times from belly to back, inserted his pacifier back in correctly after yanking it out, mastered the swat toys on his car seat bar and belly-laughed hard when I tickled him. He's getting better at his tummy time though he still protests strongly after a few minutes. He still loves to stand up on our laps but yesterday he figured out that if he doesn't straighten his legs when we lift him, he'll end up as a puddle on our laps... he thought that was very funny. He can now pass his toys from one hand to another rather well, it doesn't seem accidental anymore. He loves to grab onto my new hair and at times seems mezmorized by the curls. And he's getting rather adept at holding his own bottle of milk when I step away to finish up supper...
And what's probably the most fun, he's the most social kid I can imagine. He's been vocalizing a ton since January, but now he's screeching, screaming, shouting, yelling, cooing, chattering, singing, talking - an incredible variety of noises - and trying to use them all to get my attention! If I'm doing something else when we're in the room together, I'm prepping supper, unloading the dishwasher, whatever, he'll just screech (his favorite) louder and longer until I smile at him. He can't get enough of the "smile at me" game...
This new personality awakening is even changing how he eats... Before he just attacked his meal as if he was famished, but now after he's taken the major edge of his hunger, he'll stop himself every few sips to look up at me and smile. And not just a little twinkle, a huge "you're my favorite person in the whole world, and I couldn't be more happy with life"grin that takes up his whole face! It's exceedingly cute.
My other favorite times of day are when I go get him in the morning - I can hear him practicing his voice by cooing and squealing into the monitor - and he just lights up and grins at me. And after he's well fed and is eager to play or read books - whatever I introduce him to, he's ready for anything. And when Eric comes home from work, changes clothes and rough-houses with him before supper. The giggles and squeals from the living room are priceless. What fun!
I can't believe how amazingly rewarding it is to begin to see a little personality shine out of that adorable face. I've always loved his eyes - they are bright and happy and seem to absorb everything around him. But now they are responsive in new ways, lighting up when I give him undivided attention. He's a complete joy and I'm loving the time at home with him.
1 comment:
Brooks -- social? No way! ;)
I love reading about the moments you're enjoying as a momma. The delight is palpable.
Post a Comment