Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

For the first time since junior high, my hair doesn't hang down my shoulders. My friend who cuts hair at Vidal Sassoon here in the city has been trimming my hair a few inches at a time for over a year now. Today I finally gave him permission to do whatever he wanted. He hesitated only for a moment, saying he knew exactly what he wanted to do. However I believe he was afraid I would be disappointed/upset and freak out on him for the major overhaul (in some places he cut off 10-12 inches of hair!)... but I didn't. It was time for a change. Anyway, here's my new 'do!


He talked about releasing the curl so my hair could "do what it does naturally..." It definitely wouldn't look anything like this without all the product he added, so I'm not sure that this counts as "natural", but what the hey... It's fun, and I think that I like it. I certainly don't feel frumpy, and boy was I heading in that direction!

The true test will come tomorrow morning as I stare in the mirror and wonder - how did he DO that?! If I can make it look this good by myself in my own little bathroom, then I'll be pleased.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting how we define "natural" isn't it. Well, I think your hair looks great and am hopeful that the new do will keep Brooks from tugging on your hair so much.

hayumbone said...

GORGEOUS!

"Product" is a wonderful thing -- as I will readily attest, using two or three at a time -- especially if it means that in combination with a great cut, you can simply hop out of the shower every morning and let your hair do what it will.

Can't wait to see it in person.

LWB said...

Looks great and hopefully it will enable you to shave off 5 minutes of "getting dressed" in the morning, which can make a big difference! No time to look glamourous now, eh?! :)