Friday, March 2, 2007

"It's a Go!"

That's the word this morning from Eric in London. DD, Eric's boss, went over with him this week to interview the two London HRTS managers who want to take Eric's spot in Chicago for two years. Apparently at the end of the afternoon, DD and the head of London's HRTS talked, and they definitely want to move forward with the swap. Wahoo!

Today Eric had full day of interviews and meetings with folks that he'll be working with over there as they tried to get a sense of who he is. He said it was a really good day and that he felt much more confident at the end of it. I'm sure he thoroughly impressed everyone with his understanding of the business, his excellent communication abilities, and of course that dazzling smile. I'm so proud of my husband. :)

So, now, how do I feel...? I admit I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. This is exactly what I wanted, but it definitely feels more "real" now that we know. The first hurdle is crossed and that means that things may actually start happening. My goodness! I feel like I'm in a roller coaster car, clicking its way up the first big climb. It's going to be fast and furious once we peek over the top!

4 comments:

LWB said...

So exciting, though you and Shel will miss each other insanely! On the bright side, you should expect lots of company once you get there.

And where are pics of B!! I want to see some posted very soon. It's almost not a blog without a few pics!!

hayumbone said...

You said it, La: "insanely," at least on my side of the Atlantic. I want to clap my hands over my ears and sing, "Lalalalalalalalala" at the top of my lungs. July is fast approaching, and the thought that we might not even have a full summer together -- we didn't even have a single baseball game together last year together, SC, do you realize that?!?! -- makes me positively droop.

Having never been to London, I hope to have a good week or two there with SC (as long as Eric can stand to have me!).

Anonymous said...

Oh hambone... We would LOVE to have you come visit us in London! It will be great for SC to have the company while I'm off at work all day and then we can jaunt off to the English countryside on the weekend. (Country manners...) Heck, if you can coax Buzzrd over, I might even be able to take a short holiday.

P.S. We still owe you a cubs game! :)

hayumbone said...

Thanks, EW. That makes me feel loved. :) And as far as Randall goes? He probably couldn't be kept him away. I hope you'll save a few days off for us so we can take a holiday somewhere.

When's Opening Day? We're ready!