Each morning, when I go in to get him out of his crib (thank the Lord, he's still not climbing out of it himself!) he says the following, always in this order: "Dada. Bike. Hat. Backpack." He's obsessed with Eric's bike.
Last month, Brooks started counting "One, Two, Three, Five." Oh no! Where's four!? His mathematically gifted father was a bit horrified, which Brooks thought was so funny. We started working on inserting that "four" and Brooks would laugh whenever we'd say "four" and he'd yell "FIVE!" But yesterday I think I caught him counting to himself with the four in the right place.
We're all still getting over a particularly nasty round of colds. Yesterday on the way home from bible study, Brooks kept saying this over and over - {cough} "Sick. Yep. Ok."
Eric's helping him learn the alphabet using the Mother Goose book that he loves so much. Today, I heard "H, I, K" and "Q, R, X." Well, not quite, but we're getting there...
These were all heard during snack-time this morning:
"Brooks. Raisin. Okay."
"MY raisins."
"More. Raisins. Please"
I think this stage really is getting so fun!! I can't believe how crazy we are about this little guy.
4 comments:
Can't wait to hear him in person!
so fun! Erin was counting 1,2,3,5,7,9. Now she's got 1-5 but doesn't bother going higher. Funny how their little minds work. She loves exasperating her daddy when he wants her to answer a certain question (like "who loves you" to which she should say "daddy, mama or Jesus) she'll say "Erin" and laugh because she knows she's about to get tickled :0)
sorry about the cold business..ugh. we've been pretty well, but we haven't really had our first round of cold weather yet... Love and miss you friend! Hug that sweet boy of yours for me!
I have heard somewhere that kids process things verbally that are much more complicated than how they are spoken to at this age. But in BWW's case I'm not sure he gets much baby talk.....I'm so glad he has a Momma that likes to talk to him!
Your trips sound wonderful. I love the picture of you in the yellow covered field! I look forward to seeing you and the family again.
~Ashley
Post a Comment