Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Garden Gate

THIS is how we've been spending much of our time this summer...


The garden across the street from our flat has a wonderful playground for pre-schoolers... It's got swings and a wobbly beam and a fort with a slide and a climbing wall and a rope ladder. There are picnic benches and a big shady tree and safety fences to keep little explorers from toddling onto the street. But the biggest attraction for Brooks lately has been this gate. He loves practicing "open and closed" with the latch and the door. We spend lots of time going in and out of this gate...

When I think about last summer and the fact that he wasn't even crawling, I'm amazed at the changes the last 12 months have brought!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song "Don't Fence Me In" comes to mind when I see Brooks' fascination with gate latches and door keys ... and how they work. Maybe that is a logical outgrowth of his wonderful travels. Love this picture! gbread

Anonymous said...

How fun! And I love the youtube video of jumping. It's great to be Brooks! :)

Bonnie said...

How wonderful to have such a great place to play close to home. Such a busy boy he is these days.

RHB said...

what a cutie!

Ruth said...

How fun and so convenient to have a nice park right across the street! Brooks is such a cutie, too. It's fun to get a little sneak peak at what my little Noelle might be doing in another year or so...

I forgot to mention that I have a blog, too. Our lives aren't nearly as interesting as yours, but we do get a few cute pictures every now and then. :) You're welcome to check it out if you ever have time. www.stithtrio.blogspot.com.

~ Ruth

Jennifer Anderson said...

hey sarah catherine! its your old next door neighbor (well kind of) brooks is so so cute, it looks like you are having a great time in jolly ole england. i wanted to get your e-mail but i am so blog-clueless and can't find it on here. i have some accounting friends moving to london this month and i wanted to talk to you about it. e-mail me back if you get a chance sometime :) jenniferdavisanderson@gmail.com

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I've loved looking at your pictures this morning - I didn't know you were a blogger!

I love to blog too, but more about tips for families than personal stories. My site is www.mommysecrets.blogspot.com.

Your family is beautiful, my friend!