Wow! In the last few weeks, massive writer's block has hit me with regards to this blog. I'm sure it's not from lack of material. Life has not slowed down in the least over the last 2 months - in fact, it's definitely picked up its pace as we've tried to savor our final season in London. But I think all my creative juices have gone into this growing baby in my belly and trying to keep a silly, happy, energetic two and a half year old productively occupied! Here's to new blogging inspiration!
What's on my mind today? We've just welcomed two new babies into our family of dear friends! Deborah in Colorado gave birth to her second, a son, yesterday and Heather in London, gave birth to her second daughter, Annarose, in the wee hours of the morning today. Brooks will have lots of opportunities to interact with both of these dear babies soon, and I'll take the chance to suggest no eye-poking nor any breath-restricting hugging to prep him for his little brother's arrival! Two more dear friends are also eagerly awaiting little ones in the next week - Becca in Florida and Laurel in DC. What a great spring for new life! Congratulations, sweet friends.
London is beautiful in this season. The little hidden courtyard gardens tease and beckon me to peek over their tall brick walls with lush roses bushes and lilac and wisteria in full, fragrant bloom. The trees are all wearing their summer leaves now and the green grass lays like a blanket on all the parks nearby. I love the sound of the strong wind blowing through those leaves outside my window in the garden. I will miss the expanses of green everywhere, once we're back in Chicago.
Our washing machine is finally functioning again - actually a new one has replaced the old. I'm so glad to be done schlepping our things to the laundromat, even though Brooks might be a little sad about it. He now enjoys one of his favorite stories - "A Pocket for Cordoroy" - even more than before! This morning, we greeted the two Iraqi men who own our local laundry with waves and hellos and high fives. Brooks thinks of them as friends now, and they grinned at him for a couple of blocks as we approached. This neighborhood has finally started feeling like home.
Love to friends and family far and near. More photos and stories to come soon.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would say that this doesn't really seem like writer's block to me....lots of words there! :) Or you can give me your password and I'll make postings for you....seems like I have extra words these days....
It seems Brooks turns everything into a party - but a laundromat? Yet another indication that he loves people just as much as his Momma does. gbread
i've been checking often.....glad to see you're back, though i understand what can keep you away...
Post a Comment