Today, I've been celebrating the sunshine as I sit with a glass of fruit tea and enjoy the wind chimes tinkling outside my open windows. Today is the first day of really springy weather in Chicago, and I've dug in the dirt, washed dishes while whistling and bought sidewalk chalk for the boys to enjoy doodling with before suppertime.
Today, I've also taken my eldest to the doctor to be tested for strep - positive! And surprise, he also has scarlet fever. Apparently, that's not as bad a diagnosis as I thought it was when I was a child. My best childhood friend's sister had scarlet fever when we were very young, and we were worried that she wouldn't live. Perhaps I had read Little Women by that point and already wept through little Beth's tragic demise. Now, they just give us a bottle of pink bubble gum flavored antibiotics and tell us to avoid other kiddos for 24 hours! I love modern medicine.
Today, I've been delighted by Jack's curls, frustrated with him by his inability to articulate exactly what he wants to eat & drink, and entertained by his desire to simultaneously walk everywhere and be carried everywhere. To say that we are eager to see his speech develop would be an understatement. Thankfully he has very expressive eyes and grunts and gestures. Without those, we'd be at a loss 99% of the time.
Today, I've been feeling anxious to blog again, though for no particular reason. I just miss it. Maybe this will motivate me to download some photos. :) Love from sunshiney Chicago.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great to get an update. I hope Brooks feels better soon so he can play outside!!
Please do post more, with pics--I don't make it to FB much but your blog is on my short list!
Hooray for spring. Please come soon!
Post a Comment