Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Photo evidence...

In thinking more and more about what life is like for Brooks now that Jack is here, I remembered this picture.


For several weeks, he enjoyed sitting in the baby carseat... Lately he's been asking if he can "drink Jack's milk" and occasionally trying to climb into the jumperoo... My sweet little boy really does want to fit in, doesn't he?

Hopefully my new perspective will make it a bit easier for him to be three and we can all enjoy who and where we are in life!

6 comments:

Bec said...

My sweet middle occasionally goes both ways. She's been known to pull out older bro's cowboy pjs, running around yelling, "I'm a boy" (sometimes while wearing pink princess heels); she also has fake cried and curled up in my lap to pretend to be the baby. Sometimes she "nurses" her own babies, Alli and Elizabeth.

You do a good job with all the plates spinning. Balance and enjoying the current phase *are* so important, as you said. Our children are just trying to figure out the new normal, the same as we are!

RHB said...

It will get easier. :)

Bonnie said...

Just crazy about your boys!

rachel said...

love you!

Christy said...

cute picture. I can hardly believe Jack is already 6 months old. I was following your blog pretty regularly just before he was born, but haven't been around in a little while.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is amazing what small world this is...no, I don't personally know Jill at Diaper Diaries, I just love her blog.

I loved your "parenting revelation" post about Brooks' adjustment to life as big brother. What a big adjustment for him, and you. =) I still find myself having to be careful of what I expect of Joshua and balancing the attention that Abigail gets because she still needs help.

Anna said...

hey! haven't had a chance to read through a lot, but skimmed some old posts, what an amazing few years of adventure you have had. I would so love to take the kids to see some of the sights you all have visited - husband is not much for leaving home though, so I guess the farm will have to do for now :) Fun to catch up and see you (and your parents too!!!)