I can't believe it's been two months since I last posted... I haven't given up my blogging forever, believe me. It's just been a time warp somehow! We left for Christmas the day after my last post of 2008, spent 3 wonderful weeks in the States visiting friends and family, and have been back in the UK for almost 6 weeks now.
The big news during all this fun craziness is that (drumroll, please!) we're pregnant! Hurray!! Our second baby and Brooks's sibling is due to make an appearance around mid-August, and of course that arrival date is definitely having impact on our repatriation plans. Much of our free time in January was spent hashing out our hopes and dreams, limitations and challenges regarding our move home and all that would entail, and it seems we covered every aspect at least 14 times. But we are most excited about our current plans - leaving London in late June/early July, spending several weeks in Tennessee with my parents in July and August, while we await the arrival of the baby, and then moving back up to Chicago in September in order for Eric to start back to work before October. It will be wonderful to have over two whole months with Eric on a leave of absence from work (something that we both absolutely LOVED when he moved from Towers Perrin to his current job in summer 2004) and I am thrilled to be able to spend some great quality time with my family and Nashville area friends. Lucky us!
January and February in London have not been without adventures though - we have lots of stories to tell and pictures to show. Unfortunately, my Mac is completely crammed full of photos from the last several years' activities and needs a complete overhaul before I can download the photos we've taken since before CHRISTMAS! I wish I had a techie friend close-by that I could pay with home cooked meals and baked goods to work miracles and free up some memory on my precious Mac. Until we have a solution, I'll just let you know that we're alive and happy and enjoying our "home stretch" in London.... Knowing that we have just over four months encourages us to make every moment here count!
More soon!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I had a feeling that with a long blog absence you might have a good excuse. ;) Sounds like you're going to be very busy for the next several months. How are you feeling? Are you going to find out the gender? I'm also curious about how prenatal care differs in England, but I'll stop asking nosy questions. :)
We're going to be in Chicago this weekend - maybe we'll actually get to see you on one of our weekend trips sometime in the future...
She isn't kidding. You have no idea how much time we (I) spent considering, discussing, and analyzing various aspects of our repatriation before arriving on this plan, but we're both very excited about it (and the new baby!!!).
Post a Comment