Friday, August 10, 2007

done.

Well, at least with the big stuff. The movers are now gone. Wow. {deep breath}

I've already had a good cry and we've had a fantastic time recounting all the happy memories we've had in this place. It's been a great home for us for the last four years.

One of the crew said as they were leaving that we were their best clients of the summer. I can't tell you how satisfying that was ... Apparently, we were a LOT more organized that I thought.

So now, we're sitting on our empty floor, drinking a celebratory beer/cider and talking about how excited we are to be moving to London and how glad we are to not be moving somewhere scary... Qatar, Bangladesh, and Omaha have all made the list of places we're glad to NOT be moving.

Thank you Lord.... for more things than we can count.

I'm off for a (might I say "well-earned") massage.

2 comments:

hayumbone said...

It's great that you were able to leave by taking a deep breath and relaxing just a bit, rather than by racing around miserably right up until the very last moment. I hope you're able to enjoy your time in Nashville with friends and family, since you got so much done here (like suit shopping in an hour and a half!)

I bet the movers also thought you were great to work with, in addition to being organized. They've probably packed people who have had kids everywhere, plus fragile tempers -- if not directed at the movers themselves, then at family members. Pleasant! So -- kudos on being marvelous all the way around. :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love you guys. Lots of prayer and good wishes. Kat (and David)