He is also drooling up a storm!! I thought the spit up was constant ... I had no idea. Would someone please turn off the faucet in my baby's head?! It's amazing to me how much liquid can exit one small person. Isn't he going to get dehydrated or something? I'm sure this is just a normal start to the teething stage, but oh my goodness...
The three of us leave for Hilton Head, SC on Saturday and I'm so excited. It will be our first vacation as a little family of three, and I can't wait for the sun and the beach and the pool and the seafood. Unfortunately, Brooks is a little young to tag along on our bikes (a favorite HHI activity) but we'll enjoy everything else, especially the change of pace and the down-time ... It's an incredibly relaxing place for us - we stay at Eric's grandfather's house (Thanks, Grampa H). The last time we were in Hilton Head, our nephew HKW learned how to crawl... perhaps we'll actually catch Brooks trying to eat his feet while we're there.
5 comments:
You ARE going to hose down that baby with sunscreen right? SPF 1,200,305? I heard babies don't have anything to protect their skin until they are 21 years old.
Well, I did hear that....!
Well, actually yes, I'm concerned about that, too. All children's sunscreen says "For kids 6 mo and up" and Brooks will be just 5 months when we go... I plan to call the ped'd office today and ask what we should use. Eric suggested a large beach umbrella, but that won't be enough with the rays bouncing off the sand and surf. We're supposed to have "perfect beach weather" - 80s and sunny - but we definitely have to figure out a way to protect the little guy.
Skincare is important. Also important that he not eat sand. I think their digestion can handle it at age 2 or so, or if he suddenly turned into a chicken. But he is probably too little to get to it.
...and sand in the diaper might be uncomfy.
yes, quite.
Post a Comment