After swim lessons last night, Daddy tucked Brooks into bed and this Momma grabbed a shower. When I got out, there was still chatter up in the attic, so I tiptoed up the stairs to see if I could figure out who was keeping his brother awake. This is what I heard:
Brooks: .... and thank you, God...
Jack: tank oo.
B: God.
J: Dod
B: for the whole world
J: woude
B: In Jesus Name. (pause) In Jesus Name.
J: Ee-us Name.
B: A
J: A
B: Men!
J: Men! More peas!
B: No more bedtime prayers tonight, Jack... Do you know why?
J: No. Why?
B: Because, toMORrow, we have to go to Pump it up!
J: Oh, YAY!
B: Well, we don't HAVE to go to Pump it up. Do you WANT to go?
J: YES!! (pause) Jammies!
B: Well, Jack, I'm actually not SURE if it's a jammies party or not...
J: Oh.
B: It COULD be, but I don't KNOW. Cause I'm not the HOSTess.
J: Oh.
B: Go to sleep now, ok, Jack?
J. Ok. Love ou. Love ou. Love ou.
(long pause).
J. Home. Mommy home.
B: Yes, Mommy's home, Jack, she's just in the shower.
J. Oh, ok. Mommy home.
I think my heart melted in my chest. Love them.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
And in an instant the chaos of the rest of the week is worth it.
This is a conversation to treasure.
love them
Catching up on your blog, Miss SC and loved, LOVED, L-O-V-E-D this post. Ahhh . . . my heart melted as well. Such precious moments.
Post a Comment