Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 1 of my new SAHM normal... this time with THREE!

Today, Lucy Kate is 19 days old, and today is my first day at home with all three kids by myself. It's 5:00pm and I'm still alive.

During weeks 1 and 2 after her birth, we were happy to have both my mom and Eric at home with us to keep everyone fed and entertained, make sure the house ran smoothly, and force me to nap occasionally. This past week Eric returned to work, and his parents came out to help out for several days. It's been amazing to have such great support and service from our families during this happy and busy transition time. I've been very fortunate.

But today? Well, today's been amazing. I woke up at 5:30am, said goodbye to my husband and mother-in-law as they left together, and made myself a cup of tea. My mom and sister and in-laws all swear that the early morning is lovely, but I really had not seen it often enough to say. This morning, I started some laundry, got dressed and started feeding Lucy Kate, all before the boys announced the end of their night of sleep at 6:06am. In total, the day looks like this:
  • Washed & dried 7 (yep, seven!) loads of laundry, and most is folded and put away already.
  • Baked homemade blueberry muffins with Jack, & ate them together on the kitchen floor, picnic-style.
  • Lucy Kate, Jack & I went to Target & The Container Store where Jack charmed everyone with his happy hellos, & LK won hearts with her sleepy pink cuteness.
  • Brooks was on-time for his preschool pick-up & we were on-time to pick him up. Miracle.
  • I only asked someone to hurry maybe 5 or 6 times.
  • Lucy Kate didn't miss a feeding.
  • All three kids slept for about 45 minutes simultaneously. (WHY was I not asleep, too?!)
  • No screaming or yelling from the Mama. Yep, none. (granted, the day is not over yet...)
This was a GREAT day. But I can hear the boys waking up, and LK is getting hungry. Signing off to go enjoy the rest of this happy day.

No comments: