Brooks also came down with his first ear infection this month. Oh my goodness, the poor little munchkin! He was in such pain but was still really cute when he was so pitiful! Quieter, more calm, a bit teary, but really sweet. Remembering my last ear infection just over a year ago gave me a great deal of sympathy for him. And I'm glad his first painful ear issues came after he could tell me what was wrong. "Mama, my ear huh-uts. No, not that one, just dis one. Can you kiss it, Mama? Can we snuggle, Mama?"
About ten days ago, Eric was attacked by "viral tonsillitis" - a fancy name for a cold virus that hits your throat. I will admit that his throat looked GA-ROssss but given this was the first stretch of illness he'd had in a long time, I was tempted to call it a man-cold and tease him a bit. He stayed home from work a few days, but seems to be all better.
Last week, one of Brooks's playmates from my Tuesday morning Mom's Prayer Group came down with chicken pox and I was afraid on Friday that he had gotten it, too. With a fever of 102, a few little red dots on his face and neck, and a specific complaint of "itchy, Mama, my neck is itchy!", I had steeled myself for a weekend of nursing a sick one. But after a few good hours of naptime and a lot of extra cuddles, he was doing great. No more red dots, and nothing even vaguely resembling a scab... we must have dodged that bullet this time.
I am SO looking forward to sunshine and warmer weather melting away all these germs. Three cheers for the approaching spring!
1 comment:
Once again Brooks displays your personality. You were always so sweet and loving when you had those miserable ear aches. A few hugs and some stories went a long way in comforting you at this age.
Hugs to all. gbread
Post a Comment