So, we're not really sure where this came from, but Brooks has been practicing his "speeches" for a couple of weeks now. Funny thing is - the routine is eerily similar each and every time. He always says the same combination of sounds and includes stepping down and saying "whoa" at the end. And he always laughs at himself.
WHAT is he thinking about when he does this!? Crazy kid!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Brooks giving his "speeches"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I honestly don't know what to say about his speeches. If you were in the states I would think he had caught campaign fever. Regardless ... he is one entertaining little boy. gbread
this has to be one of the best things ever! hilarious!
and this is definitely one of those "what are they thinking?!" moments you as a parent (or us as friends) wonder.
i didn't want to delete my comment, but i realized i wrote "us as friends" and not "we as friends." it's still early this morning i guess...
Repetition is part of a developmental state for kids right? Being almost 2 and learning that they are their own person is one too, right?
I don't know, but I love this. Send as many of these clips as you can capture. They are hilarious!
RVB
Yeah. I'm not sure what he's saying either, but on Saturday I swear I heard something about exploitation, capitalist pigs and then "proletariat of the world unite". Should we be worried?
Maybe this is how Winston Churchill got his start. Too cute! Can't wait until this speechifying has real words - I think.
I don't know what to make of his speech but I bet it is a lot more believeable than Obama, and he delivers it in a more enjoyable tone. He also appears too open and honest to be a politician. BillG
Hi Sis!
I sent it out to a variety of folks...including BillG my favorite home inspector! :)
Everyone loves BWW!
So "proletariat" is a word he can say? Wow. What an amazing baby! :) I'm so proud.
I thought he was saying, "and there should be free peanut butter for all and healthcare for all who are allergic to peanut butter" or was it "mushrooms"?
Sarah Catherine!! I love love LOVE your blog! I discovered it through a comment you made on the Padgett's blog and have spent the past few weeks reading the whole thing with spare minutes here and there. It's so well-written and entertaining and gives me hope that we can continue to enjoy adventures even with a baby. Brooks is just adorable and these "speeches" are hilarious! He sounds so convincing, I'll vote for him! :)
Take care,
Ruth
That has a nice ring to it....Vote for Brooks....I vote for Brooks! Maybe someone will make Flair on Facebook and put it on my page..."Vote for Brooks...Peanut Butter for all".
Any chance y'all have been wandering over to Speaker's Corner on the other side of Hyde Park? He sounds like the socialist and the evangelical that I heard over there when we visited. :)
a future statesman? that is CLASSIC!! love it!
I laughed so hard! How adorable.
Post a Comment